Here we go again…
6. Color, color, and more color! Especially since we are going into spring, do not be afriad to use color, and bright colors! Monochromatic themes are really fun when you are usuing bright colors like cobalt, fuschsia or apple green. But mixing colors, patterns and fun little favors make for a really interactive and vibrant wedding reception! Guests will appreciate the break from cream and ivory and relish in the super chci hues of the season. What ever season that may be, it can always use some color!
7. Frozen yougurt versus cake. Yep, you heard me right. Frozen yougurt is going head to head this season with the all time favorite wedding cake as the choice dessert. Now that we as a nation are all on a diet kick (or at least want to be, crave to be, dream to be…) we can get excited about frozen yougurt. Plus, what’s really fun is that chefs all over the nation are making the most incredible yogurt. And with flavors like double dutch chocolate, french vanilla, peaches and cream, and grasshopper you won’t even know it’s low cal. Top it off with a fresh made, candy fluer de lise with your monogram shining through, and you have a really cute, very original, and so much more memorable dessert! Any one else getting hungry???
8. Local food movement. I love this one. Especially for out of town guest bags or party favors. Local food is something that not only expresses who you are as a couple, but can tell a story of your day. And with so many products hailing specific locations, why send your guests home with a Hershey’s bar with your name on the wrapper or serve just any ‘ol meal? Look into local products that people can’t get anywhere else. Or serve a meal that is native to where you are getting married. Even if it is not fancy, do it for the rehearsal dinner or day after brunch. Trying local food is part of the fun when you travel some where. Everywhere has a history and a story, just like you and your fiance. Get creative and make your wedding something really memorable!
9. Poloroid guest book. Pretty much anything retro is cool now a days. Cabbage Patch Dolls, Rubik’s Cube, even leggings. (Crazy, right?) What else is cool is poloroid film and cameras. The old time square image with white border, and extra large note area on bottom, makes for a fun and creative guest book. This also makes a great replacement of the ever so popular signature frame (still popular, FYI). But the poloroids allow for your guests to take a picture of themself at your wedding, usually displaying a little bit of thier personality, and leave you a message of congratualtions. It is two fold! And much more enjoyable to look back on in twenty years. Maybe even comical… At least we hope so!
10. Lighting. Use lighting strategically. Plain and simple. Lighting makes for great ambience. It adds flavor into a rather flavorless rooms. It brings in intimacy and warmth, not to mention the fun factor. Lighting just makes it better. It transforms a room. Doing weddings in the same location makes this even that much more clear to me as a planner. But since you only have one wedding to plan, take my word forit. Lighting will make your party just that much better. You will not regret it in the end. I promise!
Next blog, “Still Hot in 2008″. Stay tuned…